A easy quick meaty meal to fix yourself when you're short of time, drunk, & hungry:
Fettuccine with Italian Sausage:
Serves one person:
- Onion - 1 medium size, finely chopped.
- Tomato - 2 small or 1.5 medium sized; coarse chunky pieces.
- Italian Sausage - Chunky pieces;Cut 1 sausage into 4-5 pieces.
- Bacon (optional) - Nothing like cooking in animal fat
- Fettuccine - A little less than enough for one person.
- Mozzarella (optional) - You're not calorie conscious, are you?
- Salt, Pepper, & cooking oil.
- Simply heat the fettuccine in boiling water. Add a little salt to avoid sticking. Taste a strand or two & set aside when its not fully cooked, but cooked enough so you can eat it if you had to. So about 90% cooked.
- Heat about 1.5 tablespoons of oil in a flat saucepan. Turn the heat to low.
- Saute the chopped onions until they are sort-of, kind-of brownish.
- Add the chunky tomatoes, bacon, & sausages.
- Stir to mix everything well, cover the pan, & cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Put the Fettuccine into the mix & stir well. Cover the pan & let it sit for 3-4 minutes. Stir from time to time to avoid sticking.
Your pasta is ready to eat, so hope you have some beer stocked up .